Fatherhood VS Motherhood by Prof. Madya Mohd Ishak Ibrahim




SUNDAY, 8 APRIL 2012


Ponting Jadi Ayah Nih !!!


Fatherhood VS Motherhood

SOROTAN CERITA : Father-love is more important? I strongly in the opinion that fatherhood is just as essential to healthy child development as motherhood. Fatherhood turns out to be a complex and unique phenomenon with huge consequences for the emotional and intellectual growth of children. A father, as a male biological parent, brings unique contributions to the job of parenting a child that no one else can replicate.

Fatherhood parenting is an important diversity of experiences for children especially to the son. Fathers have a distinct style of communication and interaction with children. As the fathers I tend to play with the kids, and my wife tend to care for my 5 kids. I like to tickle and wrestle with my kids, and throw them in the air when they were small and my wife will screamed ' Daddy careful'.  My wife will cuddle them when there were babies, and I will bounce them. Rough vs gentle. This is important for all my 5 kids to learn a healthy balance between timidity and aggression. Mom's softness as well as dad’s roughness should provide security and confidence in their own ways by communicating love and physical intimacy to the kids.

Fatherhood is equally important to motherhood where mother will protect and father will encourage kids to push the limits. This is the balance that any kids would need to grow healthily. That is the reason why I ll make a point to spend time alone with my only son Abdullah Alim Haq so that he could learn what is expected out of a boy. Boys who grow up with dads are less likely to be violent. They have their masculinity affirmed and learn from their fathers how to channel their masculinity and strength in positive ways. I ll try to help Haq to understand proper boys sexuality, hygiene and behavior in age-appropriate ways. On the otherhand, my wife would help Haq to understand the girls world and develop sensitivity and know how to relate and communicate with girls.

While I am away with my son my wife would spend time with all my girls Nur Hannah Syamimi, Nur Hannah Iman, Nur Hannah Jasmine and Nur Hannah Sahara to be guided what is expected out of a girl. My wife ll try to help all my Hannah to understand proper girls sexuality, hygiene and behavior in age-appropriate ways. On the otherhand, I would help all my Hannah to understand the boys world and develop sensitivity toward boys and know how to relate and communicate with boys.

To put it simple fathers do "man things" and mothers do "woman things." When I talk to the kids I tends to be more brief, directive and to the point. Most of the time I make greater use of subtle body language whereas my wife tend to be more descriptive, personal and verbally encouraging. This means that my boy and girls will learn, by observation, how boy should treat girl and vice versa.

However, I have adjusted the way we bring up our children that father should also help mother with house chores where I do help with the cooking during weekend so that the kids would observe the team work. For example today I did asked the kids what would they like to have for lunch and all 5 have suggested different menus but I encourage them to conquer to common dishes and we ended up with chicken soup, fried 'bilis' and prawn 'sambal'.




Pentingnya ibu setara ayah,
Mohon jodoh kekal selama,
Didik anak lalui payah,
Cantik besarnya dididik bersama.

Renungan : Lindungi silaturrahim suami isteri biar kekal keakhir hayat supaya anak-anak membesar dengan sihat. Tanpa salah seorang akan terganggu emosi mereka. Mohon Allah berkati hubungan suami isteri kita semua?

Comments

Popular Posts